PS Audio Introduces the Giant-Killer Stellar Phono Preamplifier!
Redefining record collections, one disc at a time.
Boulder, CO: 8/6/2019-----PS Audio's first product way back in 1974 was a phono preamplifier that outperformed and replaced far more expensive units. Since then, we've offered a number of excellent phono preamps--- but the new Stellar Phono Preamplifier is the best we've ever made.
Designer Darren Myers rejected the common, cost-cutting techniques of phono preamp design: the Stellar Phono Preamp uses no ICs in the signal path, instead featuring all-discrete FETs and hand-selected premium components in a Class A circuit with passive RIAA equalization.
In addition, the Stellar Phono Preamp has both fixed and variable loading for moving coil cartridges, fully adjustable from the remote control. The unit's ultra-low noise allows the use of MC cartridges with output as low as 0.15 mV. Two different tonearms can be selected via the remote, with either single-ended or balanced outputs. A massive, heavily-regulated power supply and full DC coupling allow the unit to provide up to 20V rms output for powerful bass and unrestricted headroom and dynamics.
The Stellar Phono Preamp is a classic example of the PS Audio ethos: superb musical performance at a price far less than your ears would indicate. Darren talks about his design goals and methods in this brief video. Bring on the standard phono pre recommendations---and then try the new Stellar Phono Preamplifier. We think you'll be shocked, and impressed.
- Moving Magnet and Moving Coil preamplifier
- Fixed and variable cartridge loading adjustable from remote control
- Up to 70dB of ultra low noise gain for MC cartridges as low as 0.15mv
- Two inputs for two tonearms selectable from remote control
- Single ended and balanced outputs
- All discrete FET design
- Class A analog circuitry throughout
- No ICs in signal path
- Up to 20V rms output for unparaleled headroom and dynamics
- Passive RIAA curve for seamless performance
- Hand selected premium discrete components
- DC coupled from input to output for unfettered bass
- Ultra low noise discrete pre and post voltage regulation stages
- Low internal feedback for increased transparency and openness
- No complimentary FET transistors for lifelike performance
- High current oversized power transformer
- Remote control
- Front panel standby button
Available to ship September, 2019. Come see and hear the Stellar Phono Preamplifier at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and request review units now!
US MSRP: $2,499.